“Lo, children are an heritage of the Lord: and the fruit of the womb is His reward.” - Psalm 127:3
All children are precious to our God! He loves them dearly. As a church God has entrusted us with many wonderful, talented, good-hearted, loving children. We must always work toward building a deep trust with them, with their parents and with our entire congregation.
One of the greatest lessons that you and I must be reminded of is that children learn by watching. Yes! They watch! What do they watch? They learn how to worship by watching us. They learn how to fellowship and build healthy relationships by watching us. They learn how to solve problems by watching us resolve our problems.
They learn how to forgive by watching us forgive.
I believe that children are a mirror of who we are and what we believe and stand for because they LEARN WHAT THEY LIVE AND OBSERVE. What good traits are they seeing in your life. Someone has well said:
If a child lives with criticism, he learns to condemn.
If a child lives with hostility, he learns to fight.
If a child lives with ridicule, he learns to be shy.
If a child lives with tolerance, he learns to be patient.
If a child lives with encouragement, he learns to be confident.
If a child lives with praise, he learns to be appreciative.
If a child lives with fairness, he learns justice.
If a child lives with security, he learns to have faith.
If a child lives with approval, he learns to like himself.
If a child lives with acceptance and friendship, he learns to love.
I Am Old Glory
For more than two hundred years I have been the banner of hope and freedom for generation after generation of Americans. Born amid the first flames of America’s fight for freedom, I am the symbol of a country that has grown from a little group of thirteen colonies to a united nation of fifty sovereign States.
Planted firmly on the high pinnacle of American Faith, my gently fluttering folds have proved an inspiration to unto millions. Men have followed me into battle with unwavering courage. They have looked upon me as a symbol of national unity.
They have prayed that they and their fellow citizens might continue to enjoy the life, liberty and pursuit of happiness, which have been granted to every American as the heritage of free men.
So long as men love liberty more than life itself; so long as they treasure the priceless privileges bought with the blood of our forefathers; so long as the principles of truth, justice and love for all remain deeply rooted in human hearts, I shall continue to be the enduring banner of the United States of America.
“A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in pictures of silver.” - Proverbs 25:11
In this chapter we are given the instructions for dealing with anger in our lives and in the lives of others.
PATIENCE. Prov. 25:8
· The minute we hear something that disturbs us, how easy it is to become angry and to rush into the matter without thinking or praying.
· The wise thing to do is to think the matter through and wait upon God. Prov. 10:12; 12:16
· It is a wonderful gift from God to be, “… slow to anger …” - Prov. 15:18
PRIVACY. Prov. 25:9, 10
· Our first desire to tell the whole world and get everybody on our side. The Bible teaches just the opposite; talk to the person alone and do not allow others to interfere. Matt. 18:15-17
· Scripture admonishes us: “If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men.” Rom. 12:18
· It is sad when professing Christians tell everyone but the one involved. ☹
WISDOM. Prov. 25:11-24
· Words are not just sounds that we hear; they are living, powerful realities that can either help or harm.
GENTLENESS. Prov. 25:21-22
· We are commanded not to render evil for evil. Romans 12:21
· If we are seeking to restore a sinning believer, we need a spirit of meekness and not an attitude of anger. Galatians 6:1
KINDNESS. Prov. 25:21, 22
SELF-CONTROL. Prov. 25:28
This year marks the 46th. Anniversary of Roe v. Wade. We should be reminded that since the infamous Supreme Court ruling on January 22, 1973, over 60 million babies have been aborted.
This is the combined current population of Florida and California.
In 1984, President Ronald Reagan issued the first proclamation designating January 22nd. as the National Sanctity of Human Life Day. He famously said, “I’ve noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born.” President Reagan also said, “I believe that until and unless someone can establish that the unborn child is not a living human being, then that child is already protected by the Constitution which guarantees life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness to all of us.”
Tragically, the state of New York just countered Reagan’s point by redefining a person as “a human being who has been born and is alive.” By such definition, New York is declaring that the term “baby” only applies to a child that has been born. It’s hard to imagine that such insanity is deemed logical and progressive by so many.
As God’s people, let’s do everything in our power to SAVE LIFE not to TAKE LIFE! Scripture is very clear on where we should make our stand. Moses spoke very clear to the nation of Israel the words from God Himself:
“I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you LIFE and DEATH, blessing and cursing: therefore CHOOSE LIFE, that both thou and thy seed may LIVE.” - Deuteronomy 30:19
A Blessed Person
There are only two types of people in this world. They are either saved or lost … they are either godly because they are “in Christ.” Or they are ungodly, because they are in Adam. In this Psalm God gives us a contrast of the godly and the ungodly.
THE PERSON GOD BLESSES
· A Person who is Separated from the world. V. 1
ü The Christian life is compared to a walk. Ephesians 4:1, 17; 5:2, 8, 15
ü It begins by a step of faith. Eph. 2:8, 9
ü Walking always produces progress. I John 1:7
· A Person who is Saturated with God’s Word. V. 2
· A Person who is Situated by the waters. V. 3
ü Water for drinking is a picture of the Holy Spirit of God. John 7:37-39
ü Our spiritual roots must go deep into God’s Word. Psalm 92:12-14
THE PERSON GOD JUDGES
· The ungodly are like chaff. V. 4
ü They have no roots! Blown by the wind, useless to the purpose of God, they are neither beautiful nor fruitful.
· There is a future judgment. V. 5
ü The word “know” in the Bible means more than an intellectual acknowledgment. Scripture tells us that … “ … the Lord knoweth them that are His.” Jesus said, “I know my sheep” and some day
He will say, “I never KNEW YOU: DEPART FROM ME, ye that work iniquity.”
· There is a clear distinction between two ways. V. 6 –“For the Lord knoweth the way of the righteous: but the way of the ungodly shall perish.”
How Can You Help Your Family
Everyone should have priorities and one of your highest priorities should be to have a strong family. You may not realize this but you are the heart and soul of your family.😊 Former President Dwight David Eisenhower said, “My sainted Mother taught me a devotion to God and a love of country which have ever sustained me in my many lonely and bitter moments of decision in distant hostile lands. To her, I yield a son’s reverent thanks.”
PLACE GOD AT THE HEAD OF YOUR HOME
Psalm 127:1-a – “Except the Lord build the house, they labour in vain that build it …”
· One of the devil’s biggest lies is for you to give your children everything they want. Big houses, clothes, toys, cell phones, computers, video games, etc. and they will be happy.
· Remember the poem, “The Unseen Guest.” It used to be a popular plaque placed near or around a dinner table and read, “Christ is the head of this house, the unseen guest at every meal, the silent listener to every conversation.” Now families gather around a TV if they even gather at all.☹
PUT PARENTING AT THE TOP OF YOUR PRIORITY LIST
Psalm 127:3 – “Lo, children are an heritage of the Lord: and the fruit of the womb is His reward.”
· God does not ask for perfection, but He does want your best.
· Remember the old hymn: “Hear ye the Master’s call, ‘Give Me Thy Best!” For, be it great or small, that is His test. Do then the best you can, not for reward, not for the praise of man, but for the Lord.
PROTECT YOUR FAMILY FROM DESTRUCTIVE INFLUENCES
Psalm 127:1-b – “Except the Lord keep the city, the watchman waketh but in vain.”
· Great Mothers are Great Protectors!
HONOR GOD OPENLY BEFORE YOUR FAMILY MEMBERS
· Nancy Lincoln (Abraham Lincoln’s Mother) died in 1818, when Abe was only 9 years old. Her last words were: “Abe, I’m going to leave you now, and I shall not return. I want you to be kind to your father and live as I have taught you. Love your heavenly Father and keep His commandments.”
The Power of God’s Word
“Forever, Oh Lord, Thy Word is settled in Heaven” - Psalm 119:89
Words have power! They can hurt, they can heal, they can direct or they can misdirect. Never underestimate the power of words! Also, never underestimate the power of God’s Holy, Inspired, Inerrant, Infallible Word!
GOD’S WORD IS LIGHT
Psalm 119:105 – “Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.”
· Light enables us to see. God desires us to see truth. I Cor. 2:12, 13
· If you really want to know what’s going on in your life and in your world, then you’d better study the words in your Bible. II Tim. 3:16, 17
GOD’S WORD IS FOOD
Matthew 4:4 – “Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.”
· Food enables us to grow. II Peter 3:18
· No food -no growth! Jeremiah 15:16
· Food begins with milk and then leads to meat. Heb. 5:11-14
GOD’S WORD IS A TOOL
· Sometimes God’s Word has to break down before it can build up. Acts 20:32
· We must learn to use God’s Word skillfully. I Cor. 9:25
GOD’S WORD IS A WEAPON
· God refers to His Word as the sword of the Spirit. Eph. 6:17
· When Jesus battled Satan during his 40 day fast Jesus simply responded to his attacks by saying, “It is written” in vs. 4, 7, 10
The Mission of the Church is Missions
Someone has well said, “You are either a Missionary or a Mission Field.” Our Lord’s entire mission on this earth was to reach the lost. Our Lord said in Luke 19:10 – “For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost.” I am so thankful to God that our church loves Missionaries and gives to send Missionaries to the lost all over the world! We should be involved in Missions because:
· Jesus set the example for us … He was a missionary! John 20:21 – “Then said Jesus to them again, Peace be unto you: as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you.”
· The greatest need of the entire world is the Gospel Message! II Cor. 4:3 – “But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost.”
· True New Testament Missions is Church Planting! I Timothy 3:15
· The Church was built on Jesus Christ. Matthew 16:18 – “ … upon this Rock (Jesus) I will build my church …”
· The last spoken words of our Lord was to go into all the world with the Gospel Message. Matthew 28:18-20
· Everyone can be involved in New Testament missionary giving. Some can surrender to go, some can give to send, everyone can pray for our missionaries. Matt. 9:37, 38
· Going, Sending or Giving involves faith and even strengthens our faith as we experience His Grace. II Cor. 8:9 – “For ye know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that, though He was rich, yet for your sakes He became poor, that ye through His poverty might be rich.”
Dr. F.B. Meyers said, “The church which is not a missionary church will be a missing church when Jesus comes.” He also said, “The only one among the twelve apostles who did not become a missionary became a traitor.”
Jesus is Alive!
“ … He showed Himself ALIVE after His passion by many infallible proofs, being seen of them forty days, and speaking of the things pertaining to the kingdom of God.” - Acts 1:3
One of the most exciting truths of Christianity is the infallible, inerrant, inspired Word of God. Throughout scripture we are told of God being a God of the living not of the dead! Matt. 22:32 Even in Old Testament scripture we are given promises of a dying King yet risen Saviour in Isaiah 53. Psalm 115 shouts the truth of God being a LIVING GOD! Notice these truths:
GOD IS ALIVE– GLORIFY HIM! Psalm 115:1-8 (He then gives contrasts to dead idols made by men.)
· They have no Promises. Vs. 1-4
· They have no Protection. V. 5
· They have no Prayer. V. 6-a
· They have no Praise. V. 6-b
· They have no Power. V. 7
· They have no Presence. V. 8
GOD HELPS US – TRUST HIM! Vs. 9-11
· These vs. were sung by Temple choirs. One choir would sing, “O Israel, trust thou in the Lord!” and another would answer, “He is our help and our shield.”
· At that time in history, Israel was small and weak. Because of their sin, the people had been chastened by the Lord and sent into captivity.
· It was their idolatry that led to their fall.
· In Babylon they were cured of idolatry … pain and oppression caused them to trust a LIVING GOD!
GOD BLESSES US – FEAR HIM! Vs. 12-16
· Five times in these vs. scripture mentions blessings from God.
· What is a blessing? It is anything from the hand of God that is for our good and His glory!
GOD IS WORTHY – PRAISE HIM! Vs. 17, 18
· That is why we are here today! 😊
Why Not Praise the Lord?
Psalm 145 was written with only one purpose in mind: TO PRAISE THE LORD! Some Christians praise the Lord and some don’t. Perhaps the difference is this: the believers who praise the Lord have their eyes fixed on the Lord – while the silent saints are focused only on themselves☹ There are four main reasons why the Psalmist praised God. He saw:
THE GREATNESS OF GOD. Psalm 145:3-6
· God is great in His Person. V. 3
· God is great in His Works. V. 4
· God is great in His Majesty. V. 5
· God is great in His Judgment. V. 6
THE GOODNESS OF GOD. Psalm 145:7-10
· God’s goodness is Abundant. V. 7
· God’s goodness is Compassionate. V. 8
· God’s goodness is Universal. Vs. 9, 10
THE GOVERNMENT OF GOD. Psalm 145:11-13
· God’s Kingdom is a Glorious Kingdom. Vs. 11, 12
· God’s Kingdom is a Powerful Kingdom. V. 11
· God’s Kingdom is an Eternal Kingdom. V. 13
THE GRACE OF GOD. Psalm 145:14-20
· God is Gracious to those who Fall. V. 14
· God is Gracious to those who Hunger. Vs. 15-17
· God is Gracious to those who Pray. Vs. 18, 19
· God is Gracious to those who Love Him. Vs. 20, 21
Touched by an Angel
“And as he lay and slept under a juniper tree, behold, then an angel touched him, and said unto him, Arise and eat.” -I Kings 19:5
Can you imagine how Elijah must have felt when he was awakened from his nap by a Divine being? He had just finished his complaining to God how he didn’t have a desire to continue being His prophet. V. 4 He even went so far as to say, “Oh Lord take away my life …” v. 4
The angel touched him twice and then baked him a cake and gave him water to drink. (It must have been an Angel Cake.)😊 The meal and touch was enough to give him strength for forty days and nights.
You and I sometimes need a touch from an Angel to continue our journey. As wonderful as a touch from heaven may be to an individual, there is something far greater! Jesus promised us that He would literally come to us through the Holy Spirit and indwell us! The indwelling presence of the Holy Spirit is a great truth! In John 16:13, Jesus said, “When He, the Spirit of truth is come, He will guide you into all truth.” As we yield ourselves to the Holy Spirit, He gently leads us as a parent would lead their small child. Notice these truths about angels:
· When we fall, angels will pick us up. Psalm 91:11
· Angels, camp around us to protect us. Psalm 34:7
· God promises us bigger and better things that, “… the angels desire to look into.”
I Peter 1:12-b
· God warns us to be careful in this life because we may unknowingly entertain angels unaware. Hebrews 13:1
Stop, and thank God today for angels protecting us, but praise Him for
His indwelling Holy Spirit of promise!
“…the good seed are the children of the kingdom …” – Matt. 13:38-b
Christians are like seeds in that they are small yet powerful! Why would Jesus compare His children to seeds?
SEEDS CONTAIN LIFE
· We can manufacture golf balls or even diamonds, but we cannot manufacture seeds. They are the product of life.
· We possess life, the very life of God. John 3:36
· A seed can produce a tree and a growing tree can send its roots under the foundation of a house and crack the foundation.
SEEDS PRODUCE FRUIT
· Seeds have seeds within to produce more fruit.
SEEDS MUST BE PLANTED BEFORE THERE CAN BE A HARVEST
· Jesus compared Himself to a seed, and His death on the cross to the planting of seed into the ground.
· He had to die before He could be fruitful in resurrection “newness of life.” Rom. 6:4
· If a seed could talk, it would protest the darkness and death in its earthly grave, but how else can it produce a harvest?
SEEDS REVEAL THE WISDOM OF GOD AND THE VARIETY OF GOD’S PEOPLE
· There are many types of seeds, yet all of them have a place in God’s great world.
· Some seeds are tiny, some are large. Some are light and fragile and others are protected by a husk.
· Some have sails and blow in the wind and some have burrs and stick to us.
· God delights in variety!
SEEDS MUST BE SCATTERED
· Sometimes He uses persecution. Acts 8:1, 4
· The word scattered literally means, “to sow the seed.”
· Some early persecuted Christian seeds spread to Antioch and produced a church😊
· This church later commissioned Paul as a Missionary who then took the gospel to the Gentiles and other parts of the world.
· How wonderful are the works of God!
Never Too Old
“Cast me not off in the time of old age; forsake me not when my strength faileth.” - Psalm 71:9
How old are you? You are never too young, or too old to serve our Lord! His love and strength for you does not diminish as you grow older! He cares for you as your hair turns gray, your shoulders
stoop, and your footsteps grow feeble. Trust Him! He will never leave you nor forsake you! Heb. 13:5-b
Friends and family may forsake you when you can no longer function, but God will always be there for you! Matt. 28:20 He will be your comfort and even carry you when you cannot carry yourself. Isaiah 46:4 God has promised that you will not be cast off, nor will you beg for bread in your declining years. Psalm 37:25
God, who never ages, takes notice of what time does to His children. As Job said, “He knoweth the way that I take” – Job 23:10 Remember, God knows the journey you have made into your golden years, and you are never too old for God to use! Lean on Him, trust Him, He will never falter or fail you.
One of my favorite Bible characters is Caleb. At 85 years of age he said to Joshua, “Now, therefore give me this mountain, whereof the Lord spake in that day … I shall be able to drive them out, AS THE LORD SAID.” - Joshua 14:12
And Moses began to serve the Lord when he was 80 years old😊 Remember you are never too old or too young to serve the Lord! I began to serve the Lord when I was 17 years of age. I began to Pastor a church when I was 24 years of age. I never felt adequate, but I learned to completely trust Him as an instrument in His hand. Get up! Go for it! You’ve got this!
Can We Be Forgiven?
“If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.”- I John 1:9
Many people have told me that they do not believe that they can be forgiven for the sins that they have committed. Someone told me recently, “If you knew all the bad things that I have done in my life, you wouldn’t allow me to come to your church.” I immediately told this person that they were wrong! The Apostle Paul said, “ … Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.” - I Tim. 1:15 The blood of Jesus Christ has great power! I John 1:7 tells us “ … the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanseth us from ALL sin.” There is no sin for which Jesus did not die. He gave Himself on the cross for all the sins of mankind. He is able to save to the uttermost ALL that come to God by Him. Hebrews 7:25
The enemies of Jesus attributed His miracle of casting out a demon to the power of Beelzebub. This slandered the Holy Spirit since it was by the power of the Holy Spirit that Jesus performed this miracle.
Are there any sins that you need to confess to Him this morning? Please, do not delay to stop and confess your sin to the Lord who loves you dearly and longs to have a personal relationship with you. You can be cleansed and forgiven by the one who loves you so very much😊
Do You Really Desire God’s Best for You?
“Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy paths.” - Proverbs 3:5, 6
Too many Christians go through life deprived of the better things God has for them. Are you puzzled about how to receive God’s best for your life? You can have His best and enjoy it if you follow His instructions. The Lord wants you to have ALL He offers you! He makes it simple enough for you to receive it. The word all is used in these verses to show us how we can receive God’s best.
Again, notice the word: ALL
· “ALL thine heart” v. 5
· “ALL thy ways” v. 6
· “ALL thine increase” v. 9
With God it is ALL or nothing at ALL! If you are ready to learn the secret of success, remember:
· God’s best comes by trusting Him WHOLE-HEARTEDLY. Prov. 3:5
· God’s best comes by fearing Him to the point of departing from evil. Prov. 3:7
· God’s best comes by honoring Him with the first-fruits of your income. Prov. 3:9
God desires to shape your life in a design that is for His glory and for your good. He will bless you and bring out the very best in you! He also gives benefit blessings! Oh, God is so good to all of us unworthy beings. Don’t you just love Him for His Grace?
Recycle Your Life
“The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord: and He delighteth in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down: for the Lord upholdeth him with His hand.”
- Psalm 37:23, 24
One of the largest businesses in the world today is the recycling business: aluminum, glass, plastics, paper, and even garbage. Yes, even garbage! One day you may live in a house made completely of recycled garbage☹ (Be sure to have air fresheners close by😊)
In a far greater dimension and to a far greater degree, a recycling process is going on in the world of spiritual things. God is in the business of dissolving the old and making something new. Question: Do you feel that you would like to start your life all over again? Are you tired of an uneventful, unexciting, unproductive existence? Then read on!
Psalm 37 tells us how we can have a complete makeover or recycle.
· Learn not to fret about what other people think, do, or not do. Vs. 1, 2
· Learn to trust. V. 3-a
· Learn to do good. V. 3-b
· Learn to delight in the Lord. V. 4
· Learn to commit your way to the Lord. V. 5, 6
· Learn to rest in the Lord. V. 7
· Learn to control your anger. V. 8
· Learn to wait on the Lord. V. 9
Tune out the world’s frequency and tune in to God! Get online with Him, download His I-mail. (Inspiration) … before you know it, your life will be recycled!
It’s Not Too Late
It seems to me that the New Year has come upon us with lightning speed. So here we are already in the month of February. Maybe you had good intentions to begin developing new habits in the new year. Well … It’s not too late to start – so let me encourage you to start NOW! Let me share with you areas where we always need help.
· Do you love babies and toddlers? Here is a great opportunity for you to get to know some of the young couples and their newborns. The only talent that you need is to loving, tender and caring. We always need volunteers for our church nursery.
· We have several men who volunteer regularly to drive our church van to pick up boys and girls who need transportation to church. Remember our Lord said to “ … go out into the highways and hedges, and compel them to come in, that my house may be filled.” - Luke 14:23-b
· Please see Bro. Gary Norris if you would like to help in this area of ministry.
· God has blessed us with many great boys and girls who have a hunger for God. You can be used of God to reach them and influence them in a great way.
· In these children I see future Pastors, Evangelists, Missionaries and local church workers and leaders. We must invest in their lives!
· What a great joy and blessing to lift our voices in praise and adoration to Almighty God! God loves to hear his children praise Him. Join today and let’s lift up our Lord!
“Now then we are ambassadors for Christ …” - II Cor. 5:20
Christians are God’s ambassadors to this world because the world is at war with God. What are the characteristics of an ambassador and how do they relate to us as God’s ambassadors today?
· An Ambassador must be a citizen of the nation he or she represents. Col. 1:13, 14 – “Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son; in whom we have redemption through His blood, even the forgiveness of sins.”
· Ambassadors must be commissioned. John 20:21-b – “ … as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you.”
· An Ambassador represents his ruler and his people.
ü No matter where we are, we represent Jesus Christ and His church. II Cor. 3:2
· An Ambassador doesn’t promote himself or allow his own personal interests to get in the way of his official work. II Timothy 2:4 & II Cor. 4:5 – “For we preach not ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord; and ourselves your servants for Jesus sake.”
ü “When the messenger becomes more important than the message, you have the beginnings of a cult; and that is always dangerous.” – Dr. Warren Wiersbe
· An Ambassador is always representing his King. I Cor. 6:19, 20
· An Ambassador always has all of his or her needs provided. Phil. 4:19
· An Ambassador keeps in touch with headquarters. Luke 18:1
· An Ambassador is expected to obey the laws of the land and the orders given to him/her. John 14:15 – “If ye love me, keep my commandments.”
· An Ambassador is usually called home before war is declared.
ü The Lord Jesus has promised to return to take His people home to heaven. John 14:1-6; I Thess. 4:13-18
Avoid Debt in 2019
“Owe no man anything, but to love one another …” - Romans 13:8
Debt is a scourge in America! Believers as well as unbelievers often spend money like a drunken politician! If we get in a habit of sowing debt, we will reap bondage! “The rich ruleth over the poor, and the borrower is servant to the lender.” - Proverbs 22:7
Carrying a load of debt can increase stress, tension and anxiety in individuals and marriages. Many Christians never learn the joy and blessing of giving to the Lord because of the heavy debt that they have placed among themselves☹
The question for the moment is WHAT CAUSES PEOPLE TO GET BURIED IN DEBT?
· Hardly a day goes by that I do not receive “pre-approved credit cards” in the mail. I treat them as if I received pornography in the mail … it goes to the trash or fireplace.
· The average credit card debt per household in America is over $17K
· In 2007 14.7% of U.S. families had debt exceeding 40% of their income.
· 41% of credit cardholders make only the minimum required payment.
· If our beliefs about finances and spending are what they ought to be we can avoid learning lessons the hard way. Matthew 6:33
· If you believe that highway laws are for promoting safety by preventing crashes and even death, you will respect and honor the highway traffic laws.
· I’m not telling you that using credit cards or borrowing is wrong. I’m simply saying that it is like electricity if you are not aware of its dangers, it can kill you, but if you use it wisely it can make life more comfortable for you.
· Always honor God with your earnings. “Honor the Lord with thy substance, and with the firstfruits of all thine increase.” - Proverbs 3:9
· Learn the principle of contentment. I Tim. 6:8 – “And having food and raiment let us be therewith content.”
· Look at debt the way God views debt. Proverbs 22:7-b
There is a difference between self-love and value as an individual. Romans 12:3 tells us that we should not think more highly of ourselves than we should. This verse talks to us about a sober judgment. What does this mean? I believe that it refers to a realistic appraisal of who we really are. We are both beautiful and beastly, wonderful and terrible, we have great strength along with great weaknesses.
The only true way for us to mirror ourselves is through God’s Word. Scripture gives us so much truth to affirm our worth to our maker and encouragement from Him! We are God’s artwork, the masterpiece of His creation. (Think of this the next time you view the galaxies of the vast universe and all the beauty on this earth!)
Through Christ and His Word we find the answers to all our questions and the longings of our hearts to be loved and accepted UNCONDITIONALLY!) Our spirits should soar as we discover the wonder of what God intends us to become through Christ!
In this New Year try to stay focused on how we are fearfully and wonderfully made. deeply fallen, yet forgiven, eternally loved and greatly blessed! We all have a fallen nature as well as a Divine nature. We are carnal yet spiritual, old yet new, weak yet strong, poor yet rich, dying yet alive in Christ. This year try to always see yourself the way God sees you. If you do, you will always see someone with a beautiful countenance and a bright future!
Copyright © 2019 Hickory Creek Baptist Church - All Rights Reserved.